Friday, January 22, 2010

Sights of 3 Mountains at Queen Elizabeth Park

At a northern lookout of Queen Elizabeth Park, Vancouver, there were three metal plates with names of three mountains. At time of taking the photos of these mountains, I knew nothing of their names and shapes. To record each of these mountains, I first took a photo of the plate and then, following the direction of the arrow, raised my camera to take a photo of the mountain. I believed it was the cleverest way to do so. Today, with the help of my 3-D map at home. I was able to distinguish the three mountains.










Firstly, The Lions is noticeable by their twin summits in the middle left of the top photo. The summits look like the humps of a camel. The heights of the two summits are 5401 and 5245 feet.









Secondly, Grouse Mountain reaches a height of 3974 feet. It is easily recognizable by its lodge (station structure at top; white dot in right photo) on its ridge.

Lastly, Mount Seymour, 4766 feet high, has a wavy-look top.