Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Missed the First Chance

Yesterday morning, we learned from “Roadside” source that the first Night-blooming flower in our public garden had blossomed the night before. From past experience, these flowers opened quite late at night and I did not expect them to open at such an early hour at eight, so I missed my first chance of watching it bloom.

At the corridor, we chanced to meet one of female gardeners who told us that the second flower might bloom later the night.

I promised myself I must witness the second blooming yesterday night. Last time the first blossom appeared at around 8:40. To my amazement, the plant seemed to know how to read the time on this second night. Throughout the next one to two hours after 8:40, the second flower showed their beautiful white petals. Some passing-by residents said that the flower gave out some fragrance, but my poor nose could not sense it at all. I was too happy to say that I could capture the “grand” opening of this nocturnal flower with my small digital camera.

1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Nice catch of the beautiful image!

God has given such beauty to a flower who only blossoms for a couple of hours.