Sunday, May 29, 2011

Applebee revisited

These photos were taken in February, 2011 at Applebee by Tony who visited the same restaurant my wife and I had been in April, 2006.

The photos help me recall the time when my wife and I dined with Felix, Audrey, Joanna and Mrs. Sinn. Inside, it was clean, comfortable, not too dark and full of people at time of our visit. There was some American music. In the centre of the restaurant was a bar where customers drank wine. We sat around a high table on high stools. Since my wife and I did not have big appetites, we ordered a hot steak dish to share between two.

From the menu, I learn that this restaurant sells steaks, seafood. salad, noodles, spaghetti, hamburgers etc, etc. The serving plates are as big as mirrors.

I could not remember what the waiters and waiters looked like, but in my impression, most of them were young.

We did enjoy eating and chatting that very night with my old colleagues and their family. I never believed we could meet again in U.S. after so many years.

1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

The scenery outside the restaurant is quite nice.

It seems this restaurant helps to bring out "big" Americans.