Monday, August 22, 2011

Summer Activities for Elly

To two year-old Elly, her legs are not long enough to pedal a tricycle herself, but she never fails to ride on one.

On Thursday, August 4, 2011, I helped her mount onto a modern powerful-like toy tricycle and pushed her all the way from behind. I thought it was too early to teach her the rules of driving at this playground.

Besides riding, Elly likes to swing herself on a cross bar of a slide. At one time, Elly speaks into a simple communication system through the trumpet-like loudspeaker which I suppose has connected to an underground pipe that leads to another loudspeaker near by. Voices are transmitted in this way from one side to the other. Unfortunately Sister Abby was at that moment out with her mother and could not speak to Elly at the other side.

Elly gave me a big surprise that morning because she walked behind the board of a clown with three holes automatically. She jutted her face near holes one by one so that I could take a photo of her. This was her second time of showing her face for photos. Last time, I remember, she took photos with grandma through two different holes.

In one photo, Elly was playing “Up and down”. What do you think "it" should be normally called?

At home, Elly watched her favourite programme, “Sesame Street”. She loves to see “Elmo”. See her smiling face here!

At last, Abby returned with her mother, so the babysitting of Elly ended and the two kids took turns mounting onto the beautiful tricycle before they left for home.

1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Happy baby sitting to energetic Elly!