Starting from today, Californian oranges come back to Hong Kong.Early in the morning, we had breakfast at Super Super (一粥麵). Before the close-by supermarket began service, I passed by, peeped through the transparent gate and saw some familiar oranges. The labels looked like those of Sunkists, but I was not so sure since I was still ten feet away from where they were displayed.
After breakfast, the supermarket had opened. There laid my favourite Sunkist oranges. I always consider them as sources of “Californian Sunshine”. These “3107” oranges looked new and fresh. They cost $9.9 for three. I chose 30 of them. My head kept saying, " If you don't them now, the better ones will be bought and taken away by other people."
Later in the morning, my wife and I turned to another supermarket and found the same kind of oranges but at a cheaper price, $7.9 for three. My heart sank a little because if I went to this supermarket first instead of the previous one, I would have saved twenty dollars.
The lesson I learned today is similar to “ Look before we leap”. It is “Compare prices before we buy.”
1 comment:
Anyway, the oranges look so tempting!
Post a Comment