Sunday, May 20, 2012
Old Stamps of Montserrat
These old stamps have been dormant in one of my stamp albums for more than four decades until yesterday when I saw a documentary television program about some intensive eruptions on Montserrat. The program woke me up because it seems that I own some stamps of this British colony.
Montserrat (蒙特塞拉特島), 16.5 km long and 10 km wide (the size of Dublin) is one of the Leeward Islands in the Caribbean Sea. It is interesting that one stamp shows its shape and location (latitude 16.45 degrees North and longitude 62.10 degrees West).
The values of the stamps are respectively one cent and half, which reflect that the stamps must be very old. I guess the stamps might be first issued in the 50’s or 60’s.
Another thing is that my memory is not too bad. To my delight, I do remember the existence of such stamps in my collection, but unfortunately I forget what they look like.
I believe these stamps are rare now because of their old age. Although they are a bit stained, I treasure them as if they were my money.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
We think they are really your money! ( Or better than money in your heart! )
Post a Comment