Sunday, February 02, 2014

Elly and Abby at The Arch


Today, February 2, 2014. Elly and Abby met their cousins at The Arch, a very tall building in Kowloon East because they were going to have lunch together on the third day of the Year of the Horse. They had a wonderful time. Besides eating, they ran about and played Hide-and-seek. For the first time, they sat together to have group photos taken. In one of the photos, Jasmine made herself look like a flower while Hayley, as usual, showed her signature smile.

Elly was attracted by two colourful lion-heads and big fans on a table when she got out of the lift at the restaurant on the 60th floor. I asked her to take up the cover of a golden nugget (actually made of plastic) and let me take a photo of her with the nugget and the lion heads. She smiled and made a pose for me. It was a very successful one. Where had her sister, Abby, gone? Well, she had run for long into the restaurant with her cousins.

One o’clock was not a good time to take photos of Hong Kong Island from the 62nd floor of The Arch because the screen on my camera told me that the glare of sunlight would spoil the qualities of my photos at such an hour. Instead, I preferred a cloudy day for photo-taking.

5 comments:

psng said...

That building is almost 10 years old and I don't even know it existed. I don't recognize HK anymore.

sswat3 said...

Peter,I suppose you are mentioning the tallest building in Central, the International Finance Centre (ifc) in the photo of Central at the bottom line of my collage photo.It is the second tallest building in Hong Kong SAR.

Please note that the tallest of all is the icc (International Commerce Centre) in Kowloon West, just next to The Arch where I was standing, taking photos of the buildings opposite to me on the shore line of Central.

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

We don't really like the IFC, hope the ICC is more beautiful.

sswat3 said...

IFC looks like a cob of corn while ICC a rectangular tube that goes into the sky with a widened base.

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Thanks, have just googled the ICC, we think it looks a bit better than the IFC.