It was good news yesterday that Terry suggested to have a morning Dim sum gathering with us today. My eyes widened with joy at her e-mail. I was unable to reply her instantly by phone because I needed Connie’s mobile phone and she was out at that time. It was until nine fifteen at night to confirm with Edward the time and restaurant.
At first I supposed morning tea would be taken around eight to ten, but Edward suggested eleven. It was of course okay for us. we might consider it as lunch instead.
We ordered some buns with barbecued pork (义燒飽)and lotus seed paste (蓮蓉飽) inside, egg tarts, some vegetables (灼菜) and radish pudding (蘿蔔糕). Terry and Edward ordered their favourite congee (粥) and meat rolls (腸粉).
The quality and sizes of the dim sums were good and large respectively. It was really a delightful and enjoyable lunch for us all. Edward asked me if I had visited BC Museum at Victoria. I told him that I had and remarked that I had taken quite a lot of photos inside. I will definitely post them up in my blog gradually. Possibly it will take me plenty of time to organize the materials to write and photos to post.
Heavy snow fell on Vancouver last winter. I wonder if we shall see any this year before we return to Hong Kong. It will be amazing to touch the snow (if there is any) with bare hands. I have never experienced snow fall before because Hong Kong is ice-free all the year round. In these few days, the temperature keeps dropping and it rains most of the time in Vancouver. Yesterday I walked with a running nose against bleak cold winds and rain with my wife in its streets. How terrible if I really reside here!
I want to express my gratitude to Terry and Edward in inviting me and my family to have such an enjoyable lunch and they were the hosts.
1 comment:
First is free ride, and now free lunch!
Post a Comment