Friday, May 07, 2010

Double-Double Burgers

Felix was so kind in taking two photos of Double-Double burgers from In-N-Out before he bit at one of them. He remembered me. He remembered that I wanted a photo of the best burger I had tasted in United States. He really kept his promise under my request.

In my vague memory, it seemed to me that the burger I ate at Fisherman’s Wharf was not a Double-Double. I thought Felix had a better appetite this time than I did last time.

Let us see how Felix described about the burgers.

“We bought some In-and-Out burgers home a few days ago, and remembered to take a photo before we ate. The photos were for you to update your memory. You can see the tomato, vegetables, etc beside the burger beef.”

The Double-Double burgers in the photos look very thick, over three inches. I have to add to Felix’s list – cheese, lettuce and onion (be more exact).

I remembered the worse KFC chicken burger I have ever tasted collapsed before my eyes. On the contrary, this Double-Double stood firmly because the bread was of a stronger kind. I guess I will have to bite it hard when I come to a real one. The feeling must be good for those few minutes of eating.

The French fries of In-N-Out look better than those of our McDonald’s in Hong Kong. The latter which look like thin “steel” rods are "hard" to taste. I wonder if I can eat these In-N-Out burgers or chips for the second time.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

BTW, the fries you saw are called "Animal Fries" which has a cheesy and zesty sauce on top of fries themselves. Why "animal" I have no idea. The fries were cut fresh from whole potatoes right in front of you inside the counter.

sswat3 said...

I guess the taste of these fresh potato fries must be best for everyone. Yummy, yummy!

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Wow, so big.

Anonymous said...

That's why some people say once you have tried the In & Out Burger, you won't go to McDonald's anymore.