At the main entrance in the open before turning into the road towards the Museum, we saw three planes welcoming us.
They were Fiat 91 Pan (the green to blue plane), a toy plane rather than a combat one, my favourite, Grumman F-14, Tomcat (202) and a Grumman A-6 Intruder (502). The latter two played important roles in the recent wars in the Middle East. They based on air-craft carriers and carried out combat missions in bombing and air-to-land attacks.
2 comments:
Thank you, Wat, for posting these blogs of Seattle. I know you are doing it for me as I asked about the places you had visited in Vancouver and Seattle, and I appreciate the nice detailed "Preview". We will be driving to Seattle and Vancouver in July.
It's not the first time we go to Seattle (and Vancouver). We drove to Seattle in 2001 to visit my son Anthony who was doing his internship at Bill Gates' Microsoft, so a lot of our activities were concentrated on the east side of the Seattle area where Anthony lived. That's why I asked where you went to on the "Seattle Proper". We did go to the Space Needle and the Ballard Locks last time.
Your accounts of Pike Place, Museum of Flight, etc will be new to us, and we'll definite visit this time. Thanks again for the interesting and very 圖文並茂 descriptions.
It must be hard for those people who risk their lives carrying out duties in the combat planes, actually war is cruel in whatever way.
Post a Comment