Saturday, May 22, 2010

Museum of Flight (2)

Without entering the Museum of Flight, we could still see other planes in display. Right on the grassy field opposite to the Tomcat I mentioned last time were two to three bombers. One shocked me because it looked like a bomber from Soviet Union. I wondered how the Americans got it. The bombers looked large and heavy, but dull, so I did not take any photo of them.











Immediately before the main entrance of the Museum of Flight were displayed a medium-sized bomber(轟炸機), a MIG plane (米格戰機) used by North Vietnamese and a Harrier (鷂式戰機) .

The Harrier Jump Jet is a British-designed military jet aircraft, formally "Harrier" or informally "the Jump Jet". It deeply impresses me because it is capable of Vertical or Short Takeoff and Landing. It is a very useful and successful plane in the 1960s. The British and U.S. Air Force used most of them as sea planes that land perfectly well on aircraft carriers. They are normally used for attack or bombing.

1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

At first glance the right lower one looks like a frog.