Friday, May 21, 2010

Space Needle, Real and Artistic

My wife bought a T-shirt at the basement shop of the Space Needle in Seattle. I urged her to buy it because it was on sale at a cheaper price.

A few simple strokes by the designer on the T-shirt have already shown vividly the Space Needle in the dark . It could have refreshed our memories of visiting this famous sight- seeing spot in Seattle. We bought the dark blue one because it best showed the night view of the “Needle” against the dark sky. There were T-shirts with Space Needle against a red sky, but it was inferior to the look.

It is our usual practice to buy home some souvenirs when we went to a new country. I remember that when I was in San Francisco, I bought a toy tram which was made in China. The tram came a long way from China and I took it back to Hong Kong, China. In the Australian trip, I bought a toy kangaroo and a cap with the Aussie National Flag at a pier, Circular Quay, in Sydney Proper. I found that they were both made in China. Then at Seattle, we were happy to find this shirt not made in China, but in El Salvador, a country in Central America.

Here I would like to bring out the photo of the real Space Needle by night and the one on the T-shirt. Do they look alike?

1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

The design is very artistic indeed and represents the image clearly adn lively. The strokes on the three levels make us think of the "Nike" symbol in another direction.