Monday, December 20, 2010

First Breakfast at new Fairwood, City One

Today we rushed to Fairwood early in the morning, just in time to find an empty table for us. My wife sat down first while I turned to buy a breakfast. I chose scrambled egg, fish fillet, white radish pudding with milk tea. It cost 22 dollars. I added an extra bowl of macaroni with shredded ham (another 3 dollars). The same kind of breakfast cost more or less the same in the brotherhood Café de Coral.

The breakfast came with food lying close together like neighbouring countries on a map of Europe. The crust on the fish fillet here is softer and thinner than that of Café de Coral. The latter is usually as hard as a shell. We find the paste of mayonnaise at a corner while that of CDC comes in a tiny plastic round cup. There is no big difference in the scrambled egg and radish pudding in both fast food restaurants when compared. The only big surprise came from the slice of lemon that went with the fish fillet. This told us that Fairwood really “cares” about the customer's need.

I could see hot steam coming up from the bowl of macaroni. My wife added that the soup base of the macaroni was not transparent, but milky in some way.

The last thing I have to mention here is that the fish fillet provided by KFC has a spicy taste which I like most.

In the photo, my wife was like playing magic with her hands to make the dish of food appear before her.

3 comments:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

In our city, just the bowl of macaroni alone would have cost that much of money!

So KFC doesn't just sell chicken but also fish?

Then your wife played another magic to make the dish of food disappear ( into the stomach ).

Agent S'connie said...

I remember those breakfasts cost around $18 to $20 3 years ago...

Missing them... can't wait to be back!

sswat3 said...

Fairwood would welcome you, Connie, a big spender at its restaurant.