Saturday, August 06, 2011

A Guessing Game

We had dinner at eight with our family members on August 3, 2011.

Please study the photo and guess the answers to the following three questions:
[1] There were four people in the photo. Who were they?
[2] There were eight dishes of food on the table. What are they?
[3] I learn the term “Lazy Susan” recently from TV. It appeared on the table in the photo. What is it?

4 comments:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Very nice and attractive food!
Happy birthday to Elly and 太公!
Food in Hong Kong is always nice.
1. The four people, I think, were:
偉立, 悅兒, 太公, 太婆。
2. The dishes:
燒味, 粟米斑片, 翠肉瓜牛柳粒, 瑶柱北菇菜胆, 炸子雞, 毛豆肉鬆, 腰果西芹肉丁, 干燒伊麵。寫完都口水流!
3. The Lazy Susan is that rotating glass tray.

sswat3 said...

1. You are only 75% correct. It is not Mother "American England", but Mother Connie.
2. 燒味只有叉燒、脆皮燒雞、欖菜四季豆,其餘正確。
3. Correct.

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Well, for question 1, if you notice the name sequence I put you will know that the fourth person I meant was the one who sat to the left of 太公, whom I said was "mother America England".
From the start I didn't think of there were actually 5 people there.
I counted, starting from 偉立, then Abby, then, and so on. I would have counted "Mother Connie" first if I noticed that that little white part was a person's forearm.
.
The dishes.
Is the 欖菜四季豆 only vegies and no meat? The brown thing looks like minced meat.
.
脆皮燒雞 looks very nice. Would there be other dish called 炸子雞 in the restaurant?
.
AS for 燒味只有叉燒, I have thought of whether it was only 叉燒 or might have other as the plate was not full. I thought perhaps some other 燒味 have gone already, and so I just chose 燒味.
.
Anyway, it's fun to have such guess game. Well, may be actual tasting is more desireable!!

sswat3 said...

Ho Keung, you are right. There ought to be five people in the photo. You miss Mother Connie's arm and black T-shirt while, for me, I miss Mother "American England"s deep purple clothes.

There is no such name as "炸子雞" in the menu. Perhaps this name is too old.

Maybe you are also right this time.There are some minced pork to go with the beans.It is difficult to distinguish the minced meat from the vegetables because they are just a mixture of black particles.