Saturday, September 10, 2011

Shogun Burgers

I like Shogun Burgers (將軍漢堡) because of the taste of its sauce. The burgers landed in Hong Kong several times before, but appeared for a week and two and then disappeared. I did not understand why. Maybe it was one of the tactics used by Mc Donald.

Tonight, we went to dine at the Mc Donald at City One. We ordered 2 shogun burgers with chips and cola, a cheese double burger and a Mc Chicken. The shogun burger in my hand was so familiar and the taste had never been forgotten. The success of this burger is the sauce. I hope these burgers will not disappear once more.

Looking up from the square outside Mc Donald, I could see two fast food restaurants, Café de Coral and KFC. Today at 5 p.m., Café de Coral was closed down because it was going to be renovated. From the mouth of one of the service ladies, I learned that Café de Coral would re-open in December. The next-door KFC had a different fate. It would be closed down by 9 p.m. three days later. Probably it would not be found in this area any more.

Recently, I find new information on Mc Donald’s food packages. This time, on the paper container for chips, I see the description of the potatoes used. Earlier, in 2009, I found information on Mc Donald's food in terms of words and cartoons on their packages in Canada. I agree that the information gives effective promotion of the food sold in the restaurant. That is the customers know what they are eating, where they come from and what ingredients there are in the restaurant.

Good news to me this morning (September 13, 2011): KFC will re-open at City One after 2 months' time. This is what the staff tell the customers.

1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

McDonald is very innovative indeed, as well as having good marketing people, hence it can survive the tough competitions.