Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Stunning photo

It is so nice to have my old student, Peter Ng, sent me a photo of the view of California Street in Downtown, San Francisco. We can also see one of the tower heads of the San Francisco Oakland Bay Bridge at the far side.

The photo is thrilling to me because the look of this street seems like the impending tsunami (in grey colour) that pushes forward cars, cable cars, houses or whatever on its way . The street itself is steeper and longer than those I saw in my visit to Seattle, 2009.

If the image of the arrival of tsunami here is wiped off, still it is a stunning trial of driving down such a street much like a roller-coaster on its rails.

I like this photo very much. Last time when I was at San Francisco, I missed the experience of riding a car down this street from its top to somewhat level ground below.

1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Wow, never see a photo like this, well done! And cars are still permitted to park on this steep road!