Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Twin Towers



Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia are worldwide famous. World Trade Centre Twin Towers were even more famous, but now they were gone.

Well, when I was in Singapore, I found twin towers too. They were the Gateway and Suntek City Towers. These two pairs of twin towers appeared to be in perfect harmony.

The Gateway is a pair of prisms with cross-sections of congruent parallelograms. The Suntek City Towers are like two identical “Lego” blocks placed closed together.

Both pairs of Twin Towers (I called them) have reflectional symmetry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can never catch up with you, can't imagine you have two more articles written already. You seem to write faster than professional writers. May be only your grand-child can slow you down!

You must be very happy to have discovered those buildings, and the joy of being able to integrate maths with their shapes . Congruent parallelograms -- so aliens to us.??????????

Happy New Year!