

For two consecutive days, Felix was like working in ICU (Intensive Care Unit) watching not a patient, but 3 baby birds growing:
see the nest is now almost full because they are big babies, and they have developed quite a nice coat of feathers now.... not ready to fly yet. When in the net and when mother is away, they lie down real low and keep in the bottom of the nest so they won't be seen by predators. Mother is away from the nest a lot. Understandably... not only because the nest get quite congested, but she has to work harder looking for food -- with three hungry mouths to feed (feeding many times a day).
What a close look at the birds!
2 comments:
三兒日夜長,索食聲孜孜。
青蟲不易捕,黃口無飽期。
嘴爪雖欲斃,心力不知疲。
須臾十來往,猶恐巢中飢。
辛勤三十日,母瘦雛漸肥。
Thank you, ho keung & yin ping, for adding nice poetry and embellishments to the Robin story. When I first discovered the nest I was so excited that I wrote to tell Wat about it. I didn't know Wat was giving me the honor of publishing the story in his Blog. It really made me blush to see him posting such a crude story day after day. Well, luckily the story is short... it amazed me how fast an egg turns into a flying creature -- only about 3 weeks. It is the first time a "big bird" made a nest in my yard, and one that sings so beautifully too. Thanks again for your lyrics on the Robin; I hope to be able to listen the song some day. -- Felix
Post a Comment