Friday, October 26, 2007

A380’s First Flight to Sydney

A giant A380 from Singapore Airline took its first flight From Singapore to Sydney yesterday, October 25th, 2007.

Early in the morning, I saw the advertisement of such a flight from a local newspaper. The new airbus in the photo looks slimmer from that angle and it is flying over the City Proper where I can recognize the Singapore River and the high rises in its neighbourhood. Singapore gives me a good impression of a clean city with efficient transport systems like MRT and buses. The aerial view of the city gives me a strong “must-go-again” feeling. One thing for sure is that I had not tasted all the delicious food last time when I was there.

From TV, I saw the plane take off from Changi Airport and, after several hours of flight, land safely at Sydney International Airport. This historic flight is for charity, so the children from two Australian hospitals as well as some Singaporeans (some money goes to the Community Chest in Singapore) may benefit from the money raised.

No comments: