Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Inside Applebee


Recently, Felix and Audrey took lunch at Applebee Restaurant. Felix remembered that I wanted to know more about the restaurant, so he picked up his camera and took a few shots inside.

Last time when I went in this restaurant with my wife, Mrs. Sinn, Felix, Audrey and Joanna, I did not take a close look around.

Through the first photo, I remember we sat on stools at a round table, the one on the right-hand side (with two men sitting in the photo). It was a nice thing for us to sit together at the round table chatting. I liked the beautiful lamp-shades here above the tables because each had its own story. The lamps lit our table just right. My wife and I do not like to eat our food under weak light (some say that it is romantic, but we don’t agree). We thought that American beef was famous and delicious, so we ordered a dish of beef steak to share between us. We guessed the portion of food was big enough for us as our appetites were not so big. Talk was better than eat at that time. We enjoyed listening to every word in our conversation because I had not seen Felix for fifteen long years and it was our first time to meet Audrey and Joanna. Mrs. Sinn was also a familiar person I would like to see and talk with. It was interesting that we three colleagues could meet at one time on American soil.

Back to the inside of the restaurant, now I see tables of long sofas at the side of the windows. I believe if we six people sat there that very night, we would sit shoulder to shoulder and could not eat so comfortably.

If people need to sit up straight, there are thick heavy wooden chairs with upright backs. It is not bad to sit on these chairs because they will keep our backs in good positions.

The drinks are most attractive here, one of which is the sweet strawberry lemonade. All sorts of drinks can be served at the central bar. Some people simply drink beer or wine instead of eating.

Thanks for Felix's photos and for his paying the bill that night!

No comments: