Well, I have never eaten this grand kind of “golden” cherries before. Maybe they only appear at “high class” supermarkets or restaurants or on luxurious cakes.
Here is an extract from Jennifer Anderson from allrecipes.com who writes about sweet cherries:
Sweet cherries (Prunus avium) are the most commonly available types of cherries in the United States; with their high sugar content, they are perfect for eating out of hand. One of the most popular varieties of sweet cherry is the Bing.
• Bing cherries range from dark red to almost black. They are firm but juicy, and very sweet when properly ripened.
• Rainier cherries are golden with a pink blush on their skin, and their flesh is yellow to transparent. These cherries have a very sweet and delicate flavor, and like all cherries, they bruise easily.
• Lamberts are heart-shaped beauties with dark red flesh and skin. Their sweet, rich flavor and juicy, meaty flesh make them a favorite for eating fresh as well as for cooking.
• Royal Ann cherries have golden-pink skin and flesh. They are difficult to find fresh; most Royal Anns are used to make maraschino cherries.
7 comments:
We have never seen the golden cherries before.
Go to U.S.A.or Canada to taste them!
Wow, toooooo expensive!
Oh, I ate those cherries before when I was in Canada... They are delicious.
HK and YP
將你們買得到的深紅色車厘子加點糖放入口裏,合上眼睛,加上一點點想像力便成了!
Cecilia,
It is nice that you have tasted this kind of lovely sweet cherries.
I wonder if I can taste them when I go to Canada this September.
I don't remember when the cherries are sold in the markets... You can always try looking for them in the supermarkets. There are a variety of apples in Canada too.
Which place(s) will you visit during your trip to Canada??
Actually, I will be moving to Canada in a few months, probably in late January 2010... The next time you go to Canada, you can come to visit me too :P
Post a Comment