Sunday, August 02, 2009

An Orange-red Sky

To see an orange-red sky like this, we have to pay. The intense heat trapped inside the “hot-pot” of Shatin created a temperature of 34.6 degrees Celcius. We, citizens of Shatin, have to bear the heat for the whole day yesterday.

I felt that the heat waves pierced through my skin. I took an afternoon sleep, but it could not last long. My wife and I turned on the air-conditioner in the sitting room to reduce the heat from coming into our flat.

The whole sky turned orange-red towards evening. To keep this strange colour of the sky, I captured a few photos with my camera. Here were two of them.

I notice that every time when the sky over Hong Kong turns colourful or orange or red or purple, a typhoon or a tropical low depression is near. From the recent weather chart of our Hong Kong Observatory, there is a low depression in the south-east of Hong Kong. The depression is moving towards us, but it is expected to change course later from north-west to north-east (a 90 degree turn). Thus it will not approach to Hong Kong. Let me see if the forecast of the track of the depression is correct or not.

1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

You pay the hot price, we enjoy the wonderful photos. The colour of the sky is just amazing, especially the 2nd one, really really beautiful and majestic!