Friday, October 23, 2009

Autumn leaves

Most green leaves of trees in Autumn Canada turn to yellow or red or brown before they shed and drop to the ground. A gust of winds and showers of rain may speed up the process of shedding. It is really interesting to see the leaves drifting down. One may follow the path of a falling leaf until it reaches the ground.

The change of colours in the streets of Victoria is conspicuous. The top photo shows a tree which changes its clothes slowly.

At the moment I took this photo in a side street of Victoria. There were patches of green, yellow and red all fused together. The bottom photo shows the ground paved with beautiful fallen leaves.

4 comments:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Beautiful and poetic, a grand and proud display of colours by nature, from up on the trees to down on the ground.

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

The last picture is better than a lot of artistic paintings, thank you. Year in, year out, hope people would not take this and their life for granted, there is a reason why God made nature and us.

Sc LO said...

When I had the chances of seeing red autumn leaves, I missed them. I did not even take a picture.

Therefore, I saved your autumn leave photo for my own record.

sswat3 said...

Shit Cham, welcome you here!

There are some more photos of Autumn leaves of trees in my collection. I shall post them up as soon as possible.