Without crossing a bridge or through a tunnel, we arrived at Granville Island on Saturday, September 26.
Several months ago in Hong Kong, I saw Granville Island Public Market from a TV programme on travels The programme mainly introduced a meat-selling shop and a bakery. I was wondering if I could find them in a rush of an hour including eating and walking in between stores.
The market was simply inside a large factory-looked warehouse supported by wooden beams and wrapped up in scraps of metal. It was crowded with middle-aged or old people I thought it was not the place for youngsters.
The meat- shop was right before my eyes when I entered this market. It chiefly sold processed meat such as sausages, ham, bacon and meats of all kind – deer, duck, chicken, beef, pork….. Some of the names of meat were strange to me. The prices of meat were high. To me, the meat was for the eyes only, not for buying and tasting.This shop also sold pickled cucumber. I thought people like this sweet and sour appetizer to go with the meat.
Fruit such as strawberries, oranges, grapes and apples at higher prices and good qualities, flowers, vegetables, chilled fish fillets, bread, souvenirs were found in different corners of the market.
My wife and I bought 4 cobs of corn which were sold at C$1 for 2. We would like to see if they were really sweet. In Hong Kong we have eaten corn which was described as “Extra-sweet corn” (超甜粟).
1 comment:
Wow, the grapes were so big and piled up so high!
Post a Comment