Saturday, October 03, 2009

Inside Oakridge Centre

A great variety of shops had centralized at Oakridge. Shops selling from Children’s wear to fashioned clothes, mobile phones to household electrical appliances, jewellery to pottery, even a big department store could be found here.



The most welcoming ones were the cafés, cake-shops and stores at food court because people could spend some time in the afternoon sipping coffee or tea, eating a slice of cake, buns or taking food of different countries. Philip told me that it was the place that foreign people ate Chinese food.

I saw a store selling tacos here. Taco was the most impressive food that brought back memories of the lunch at Disneyland, Los Angeles. I remember on that afternoon, my wife and I had to pay that lunch ourselves. I knew nothing of the term “Taco”, but had an idea that it was a kind of Mexican food. I chose it simply because it was the cheapest at the store. A mass of beans and vegetables with salad dressing were wrapped up by a hard shell of flour.

Small cream or fruit cakes at the shop windows were attractive to me. Yet they were expensive ones. I could resist the temptation for 3 months. I would try similar ones when I return to Hong Kong.




I took a few photos of Abby when she walked on the edges of the two narrow small-but-there is fountains and played at a Children’s playground.



1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

It would be hard to find any cakes or buns cheaper than those in Hong Kong. Hope you don't find the effort of temptation resistance too hard.