To me, “In and Out” was an interesting name given to a fast-food shop when my wife and I went into it with Felix and Audrey.
This time, Audrey was the boss. She would decide for us what food to eat. I was particularly pleased to taste burgers other than Mc Donald’s in the States.
The burgers came fresh with tomatoes, lettuce and onion in the American way. The meat in between was nice to eat. Another big piece of news came to me. I could refill my cup of coke for free.
We sat at the seats close to the down-to-floor glass window near the pavement.
Attraction came from outside because an old magician was playing his tricks right before us. This moustached gentleman was dressed in his old “50’s” costume. He called himself “Mr. Magic”. Beside him were placed boxes of different sizes which I believed he would store his magic aids. I never stopped looking at him because I wondered what magic he would play. The truth was that he played with rings, the old fashioned trick we saw many years ago. He had a small table with him. Most probably he would play tricks with cards using it. This old gentleman could have brought old memories to the elderly passing by.
It was really “double delight”. While I was gobbling at my American burger, Mr. Magic was performing “in and out” rings of the “50s”.
5 comments:
Thank you for bringing back the good memories of 2006 when you and your wife visited us at San Francisco. I can't believe it's already been 4 years since then, and it was like just yesterday. Hope very soon you'll set foot on San Fran again; then we'll meet. Even now in April, you can still see and play with snow up in the Sierra Mountains (4 hours from Sacramento). This can compensate your missing the chance of playing with snow when you left Vancouver just one day too early.
Felix
"Double Delight", you are using the name of a beautiful rose to describe your feelings.
With reference to your mention of an old magician you met in San Francisco. That reminded me of my similar experience in London.
I went window shopping with my son who was just about 15. I cannot recall whether it was in Piccadilly Circus or in Soho. We met an old man smoking a cigarette. When he met our eyes he smiled and then, all of a sudden, the cigarette disappeared. He winked and then took the still smoking cigarette from his mouth. At this stage we stopped and looked at him with amusement. He held up his hand to show the cigarette, turned the hand round and the cigarette disappeared. He followed to spit out a smoking cigarette from his mouth and walked away. We met him twice there in about an hour. Apparently, he did that to amuse himself as well as the passer-bys.
My son learned to play magic from last summer. Maybe this old man inspired him. Fortunately he plays with rubberbands, cards and coins rather than cigarettes.
Felix, last time when we walked out of the restaurant where we had dinner with our old students, you suggested to go to Twin Peaks near by, but at that time, it was quite cold and late at night, so I rejected the idea.
I just wonder if it is best to look at the night view of San Francisco from the peaks.
Sc Lo, it is good to learn that your son likes to play magic.
I suggest him to amuse his students by playing magic.
Post a Comment