Recently I was fascinated by the TV programme called “Planet Food”, not only by the food it introduces, but also by the beautiful scenery.This time, the programme was about Singapore and its local food. It seems as if I were back to this small island at the tip of the Malaysian peninsula. I first visited it in January, 2007.
At the start of the programme, the scene of a team of men rowing a dragon boat showed up. I just wondered where the dragon boat was heading. The camera man then zoomed out and I saw the new landmark of Singapore, the Singapore Flyer, in a distance.
The Singapore Flyer is considered the tallest observation wheel on Earth, rising 165 metres into the sky. It can carry 1,260 passengers around hourly to see a stunning 45-kilometre panorama view of Indonesian Island of Batan and Bintan as well as Johore, Malaysia. The wheel stands twice the height of the Statue of Liberty. The observation whee,l which looks like a bicycle whee, rotates 28 large capsules through the sky, each carrying 28 passengers. By construction, the wheel stands firmly against monsoon rains, thunderstorms and dangerous Sumatra winds.
2 comments:
Was the Singapore Flyer already constructed when you visited Singapore in 2007?
It had not been constructed at the time we visited Singapore in 2007. I remember that my elder brother saw it and took a photo of it when he re-visited Singapore.
I myself have heard of it, but have not yet boarded on it.
Post a Comment