On that night, there were around 20 tables. That meant that approximately 200 or more people - old students, teachers, former or present, managers of the school board, supervisors, principals gathered.
The MCs conducted the ceremony by a short introduction of the current committee members of OSA, then the school song led by Principal Yuen and Miss Winnie Wong. Next, Principal Yuen made a short speech (see the second photo) and then the managers, present supervisor, Chan Kam Toi and the VIP raised their glasses of “wine” and made a toast to all who joined the dinner (see the third photo).
During the dinner, I went to most of the tables to take photos of or with my old students. We chatted a little and some still recognized me as their class teacher or Mathematics teacher. Group photos of students and teachers were taken at times on the raised platform.
By the end of the dinner, some young students of mine came to greet me. I was pleased that they had entered their favourite universities.
This year some students are so busy that they cannot attend the dinner. I wish that many more old students will join the next OSA annual dinner.
The top photo shows the old students gathered at the raised platform for a group photo. The bottom photo shows the group photo of teachers with the supervisors, managers and principals of the school.
5 comments:
Thank you Mr. Wat for the sharing of the event. We all had a wonderful time.
Benny, you have done a good job in organizing a successful annual dinner for CCSC old students as well as teachers and school!
I can almost feel the hilarious moments in this year's Annual Dinner. I wish I was there. It must be a very satisfying night for you, Wat, as so many of your former students came back and talked to you.
Really 桃李滿門 you are. Congratulations.
p.s. Thank you so much for sharing the photos with us, and so promptly.
Felix
Felix, I have taught 5000 to 7000 students in all these years. Those students who attended the recent dinner were of a small scale. I might have met only 2% to 3% of my students.
You may have taught around 3000 to 4000 students in your years of teaching at CCSC. If you had come back and joined the dinner, many old students would flock round you.
The event is a good time to get nostalgic for a good teacher.
Post a Comment