Tuesday, March 15, 2011

An Interesting Matching Game

Tony brought home some photos from U.S. and Canada. On his flight from San Francisco to Vancouver, the plane passed an airfield. I am deeply interested in finding out where it is, so I search it with the 3-D Map of Bay Area of SFO I bought from Las Vegas.

Soon I find it on my map which shows that it is a former U.S. naval base with runways for planes. Another surprise comes from the air-craft carrier which is USS Hornet museum (it appears both on the photo and map).

Further proofs come from San Francisco Oakland Bay Bridge and Yerba Buena Island in the distance.I am totally absorbed in this sort of matching game.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Me too... I like comparing aerial photos with maps, and am often fascinated by the accuracy of the maps when compared with the "real world".

Felix

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Glad to see Tony have a good time and come home safely.