Today, I had to stay home in taking care of Elly for at least four hours because all her family members except me went out for different businesses.There was no problem for Elly and me for the first two hours because she engaged herself wholly watching videos of her favourite film, “Annie”, her video collection of family life in Canada as well as in Hong Kong and, after lunch, videos of Sesame Street.
I gave Elly her lunch earlier than usual (at eleven fifteen). It was screw-like macaroni with ham in salad dressing. She ate not all the macaroni, but shredded ham. Before this, she had already eaten a lump of bread, some milk and rice rolls as breakfast.
Elly is non-resistant to food, so we never worry about her appetite.
For once, she walked to the front door and shouted to find her mother there. Certainly it was impossible for Connie to appear at that time. To distract her attention and stop her cry, I decided to give her a little ice-cream from the fridge. Probably ice-cream was the best “pacifier” for Elly.
Since she enjoyed eating her macaroni and ice-cream, I took a few snapshots of her eating postures.
Elly used both fingers and spoon at macaroni and ham, and later her left hand to spoon up and jut ice-cream into her mouth. Her “lion” bite at her spoonful of ice-cream was funny. Her look of pink ice-cream marks at her lips were wonderfully lovely. Elly uttered “more ice-cream” not only once because she really loved it. Totally I gave her three times of ice-cream which I estimated, half cupful.
Today was an ice-cream day to Elly.
1 comment:
Lucky Elly, she could both enjoy her grand-father and her ice-cream.
Post a Comment