The nose and eyes of my wife detected the outbreak of a hill-fire on the hill opposite our windows at 19:05 on June 7, 2011.I remember the widespread of hill-fires on nearby hills several years ago, but this time the scale of the fire was small.
From my estimation, only a small number of trees were burning along the spur of a slope. The fire seemed to extend a little with two stronger “burning-heads”, but it was soon put out by incoming firemen.
3 comments:
This is really a very tiny scale of "hill fire" in compared with those "bush fire" in Australia, or "brush fire" in the USA.
.
ps... Just wondering if it's true that when your wife announced what she found about the hill fire, the first thing you did was to look at a watch or a clock to get the time!
.
I immediately picked up my camera to take photos of the hill fire without looking at the clock.
The camera had recorded the time I took each photo. Well, I just refer to the records of time by computer when I write my blog.
Oh yes, of course.
.
.
I had a look at those photos again and had a new feeling about the fire. Although it seems small, it would still be very scary if it's near people's homes, whehter it is day time or night. I have seen the news about the bush fires which cause the destroying of houses, and even casaulties, which terrifies people and makes them feel sad.
Fire is powerful, just like water, which no human being is able to control.
.
Human being can never have the power to tackle nature, only can give way to it. Airlines can only cancel their flight schedules when the ash from vocanoes is in the air!
.
Who's in control then?
I know, and I believe.
I hope people will start thinking about this, lest too late.
.
Post a Comment