Thursday, December 29, 2011

Six Furlong

Brother Anthony and sister-in-law invited my wife and me to have lunch at Six Furlong Restaurant at Happy Valley. They said that it would be a pre-birthday lunch with me because my wife and I would be busy again in January in babysitting businesses.

Through two tunnels, facing a little congestion at Cross Harbour Tunnel at Hung Hum and up a narrow uphill road, we reached Shan Kwong Road JC Clubhouse.

This Six Furlong Restaurant has high ceiling, but not as comfortable as that of Ladies’ Purse at Shatin. [Note : 6 furlongs (an old British unit for distance) = 1320 yards]

The prices of food in the red menu had risen. I did not know if the prices are special for Christmas, but anyway eating out should be more expensive than at home.

There was cream soup or Chinese soup or duck’s meat as appetizer. The main course were beef steak or lamb chop or others. For desserts, we ordered Black forest cake, Chocolate Musse cake, cream on jelly and orange-flavoured cake.

Wow! Such set lunch priced at one hundred and forty-five dollars each. Probably it is the most expensive lunch I have ever had. Thanks to my brother’s hospitality.

3 comments:

WAT'S MAZE said...

Dear brother, it is my pleasure to have a pre-birthday celabration lunch with you and yuen siu. Since we've been to Ladies Purse in the past, I thought it a good idea for a change. Hope you enjoyed the meal, no need to thank me la!

sswat3 said...

Thank you is a must from me, otherwise I cannot earn another birthday lunch/dinner next year.

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

The beef must be very fresh and imported from a comparatively safe source ( e.g. ha ha, from Australia ), as the restaurant dared to cook it medium raw. For this price in Australis, you will probably get the entree and the dessert, but sorry NO MAIN DISH!