Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Tree Hotel at Felix’s backyard (1)





Recently Felix found a bird nest on one of his trees in San Francisco. Here is his story:

I discovered a bird (actually 2) has built a nest in the Cherry Blossom Tree, right on top of my garden bench. I was sitting there and I heard some flapping so I looked up and found her. I will leave her alone and would not disturb her raising her babies. But just took some pictures.... I will keep an eye on the development though... and maybe more pictures. I could not see any eggs (did not climb up to try) nor any babies yet.

There has been some 5 or 6 nests on my trees in the last few years. Last year I thought no birds came, but early in spring during the storm 2 old nests were blown down in the rain.... so there was some nests last year, but they escaped my attention.

Felix is quite exciting, being the hotel manager. He would like to learn more about his new customers and give us another report. We shall wait and see……


The attached photos show:

1) The tree above the garden bench
(2) Close up on the branch -- nest is somewhat hidden
(3) Further close up, see the bird?
(4) Photo’ed from below the nest.

No comments: