Monday, August 20, 2007

Classic Coca-Cola Delivery Truck

Last Saturday, I went to the Caltex Petrol Station opposite to the Old Kai Tak Airport to have petrol refill to my car.

I noticed from a pamphlet there that two kinds of classic Coca-Cola Delivery Trucks models could be redeemed (換購) for $35 each providing that the customer bought two packets of 8-can Coca-Cola ($41.8 /two packets) as well. I chose the one above.

I remember that in the 60’s, bottles of Coca-Cola were delivered to various shops in similar trucks. Dozens of Coca-Cola were neatly arranged in wooden partition racks. They were stacked up like those shown in the photo.

The retailer shops usually kept the bottles of Coca-Cola and other soft-drinks for sale in ice-cold water inside a very large metal box as container. The metal corks of the bottles of soft-drinks could be opened at the side of the container. People liked to collect those metal corks (people at that time called them as 荷蘭水蓋) of different soft-drinks for fun.

2 comments:

Hong Lit said...

I remembered that you used to keep a lot of small coke bottles. Do you still keep them?

sswat3 said...

Sure, I still keep them although they look a little old and lack of luster.

They have been with me for a long time. I can't believe that you observed their existence in the past and can remember them so well.

Please look at them in my new blog!