
Yesterday I took a photo of the Central Library on Hong Kong Island. It looks like a hotel, built opposite to the Victoria Park. I have never been inside, but it can be quite modern when we compare it with our old library inside City Hall in Central. In old days, when we wanted to look for books from public libraries, the first choice was City Hall Library. As years passed, the Central Library in Kowloon was set up near the junction of Waterloo Road and Pui Ching Road. In Singapore, the Central Library looks rather like a modern commercial building. A lot of materials like glass and metals with less concrete have been used in building it. Our Central Library on Hong Kong Island is different, having more concrete than glass and metals.
1 comment:
I suppose that using more glass and less concrete to build the library can reduce the use of electricity for lighting.
That's a good idea to save energy!
Post a Comment