Friday, March 14, 2008

Buller Gorge Swing Bridge (New Zealand)



This is the Buller Gorge Swing Bridge flying over the Buller River. This river runs a long way between Spenser Mountains and Lyell Range down to Westport on the north-west coast of South Island before it enters the Tasman Sea.

On September 5th, 2007, Ho Keung, like an adventurer, dared to walk out with his video-camera on the bridge while Yin Ping held her digital camera recording his swinging-and-walking movements.

If I were there, I would rather take the role of Yin Ping. I never dare to walk out in mid-air like this though the swing bridge looks reliable. The feeling will be horrible when it swings. I guess by holding on to the supporting ropes at arm-level and walking dead slowly, it will be safer.

What happens when two people meet somewhere on the bridge? The bridge does not look broad enough for two people walk abreast.

1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Initially Ho keung was also chicken about walking on the swing bridge, that was why he squatted down to have his first photo taken. After sometime his confidence grew enough for him to walk the whole bridge.