Sunday, December 28, 2008

Flower singled out (一枝獨秀)

This was the yellow rose that a spotlight shone on in the garden of my eldest brother this Christmas Eve. My sister-in-law told me that my eldest brother would show this rose to whoever loves flowers.


I have not seen a yellow rose for many years. What I saw in the past were only red roses. This rose, in particular, became the centre of interest and the Flower of the Month in the garden.



Obviously it is good to display the best “product” of the garden at different times of a year. I remember last time when I attended the birthday party, I saw “starfruit”.

Here I show you the two “stars” of December in two different years.

1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Yellow rose is also popular here, it is a lively colour, but anyway any colour rose is beautiful. The best craftsman or artist can never do such a fine job, so complex, delicate and elegant.