Monday, February 23, 2009

The Green Curtain Opens


Recently on my return journey home each morning, I discover that the long patch of green leaves of the trees lining the Shatin Road (沙田路) disappears. This reminds me of the cold days before and after Chinese New Year which have made the trees shed their leaves.

During summer I cannot see the vehicles running on this road because the greenery of the trees acts as a green curtain that shuts off the sight of the road temporarily from the pedestrians. Not only this, the heavy or powerful sounds of roaring engines of vehicles are lowered to some extent.

Now that it is still winter, the view and sounds of vehicles passing by can be seen and heard easily. The Green Curtain opens and the view is different. When will it be closed again? I shall wait to see!

1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

It is refreshing to see new buds from trees in Spring.