It costs only $17 for a bowl with green tea. It is cheap only at breakfast time till 11 a.m. Starting from 11, for the same bowl of rice and cup of tea, the price rises to $27.5. It is just the “lunch and dinner time” business that makes the rice dearer by $10.5. After two o’clock in the afternoon till six, the price goes down again. The price rises again after six during dinner time.
There are usually around five to six pieces of chicken, some carrot slices and broccoli, medium portion of rice with dark sweet sauce. The size of rice together with the vegetable and meat is good enough to feed me to over half-full. I think that is the right amount because I will not feel hungry nor I will feel uncomfortable at my stomach.
Today I heard some soft music played inside the air-conditioned shop. I enjoyed eating in a cool and musical environment. Although I did not understand what the song sung by a Japanese girl was about, the tunes and beats of music could have made me eat with ease of mind. The “free” packet of sour ginger that I asked from the saleslady added much satisfaction to my brunch.
7 comments:
The presentation is very attractive indeed, looked yummy and must have been tasted yummy since your were so satisfied.
Thanks.
I regret that last time we did not have many choices of food besides dim-sums or Chinese food.
You see. We had not been to fast food shops or restaurants that sold western, Thai, Indonesian or Vietnamese food.
Are you talking about the time when we came back last time? Actually authentic Chinese food and yum cha were what we needed most and thank you for satisfying and paying for our indulgence. We don't go yum cha very often here. On the other hand we have lots of Thai, Vietnamese, Peking, Malaysian, and even Japanese restaurants here due to immigration, so going for those food was not our priority. You were a good host, thank you again.
Yum Cha is an easy thing in Hong Kong.
Next time when you come back, we shall go to Yum Cha again. If you don't mind, we go every day. Okay?
Thank you for your kindness, actually we are very easy with food and love most food, especially the "value for money" type, the fact that we don't have to cook and wash the dishes is already a plus plus. Last time when we came back, you guys had shown great hospitality already, besides the numerous yum cha and chinese food, you also took us to a steak house and we can still remember the yummy yummy steak. Then Kin Sang Gor and Lai Tse hosted us to the delicious western food again at the Jockey Club, another great experience.
HK & YP
不要客氣,大家吃得開心就最好了!多謝你們賞面!
I usually choose the chicken rice of the smaller size, same as you!
Post a Comment