Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Paper Games

In the old days, at leisure, my children played paper games like these:

[1] My children both prepared a long roll of paper beforehand. They started to draw some roads or rather paths along which a player could go. Beside the roads or paths, my children drew shops, parks, libraries, cinemas, schools and many different buildings or sightseeing places. The roads might branch out or come together at certain distance.


I was usually asked to play with them. Since the paper was rolled up first, I never knew where I would go to. The long strip of paper was unrolled slowly. Whenever I reached a junction, my children would ask me to choose one of the roads or paths to continue my journey. The game was over when the paper ended. There I might reach a pond, or a supermarket or a fast food shop or a pier.

It was good to see my children design their games in their own ways. They put down the places they knew into the games and they were eager to find out where I would go finally. Bravo were my children who could have thought out such games.

[2] My daughter was fond of drawing floor plans of a house. I remember that she once drew the plan of a flat with more than 6 rooms. It was quite interesting to see her creativity at that time although sometimes, the things she drew might not be in the right proportions, I quite admire her talent in bringing out her bold ideas in housing furniture, beds, sofas, tables, chairs, desks in various places in the flat.

Today, I cannot imitate their drawings nor I can reproduce their “masterpieces”. I just illustrate their games in my own ways (see the photos).

2 comments:

阿比-艾莉 爸爸 said...

Daddy, you've upgraded the 'rolling paper' game from 2D to 3D!! Nice!! ^_^

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Wow, they are very clever and creative indeed!