Saturday, December 12, 2009

On board a Boeing 777 home

I was glad to take a Boeing 777- 300 Air Canada plane home yesterday. The plane was new and comfortable inside. The colour of lightings changed at times so that the passengers like us would feel warm when the cabin was lit reddish pink , cool when green and watery when blue and romantic when purple.




















The small monitors in front of us were workable and there were quite a number of recent films such as “Up”, Harry Potter series, scientific and documentary films.

I did not watch any of them because I was interested only in tracking the route the plane was flying. I started the count-down work ever since the plane had taken off.
From inside the International terminal at the YVR airport, I could see the tops of the mountains of North Vancouver being covered by thick low clouds.

My wife was able to take a photo of Richmond for me because she was sitting next to a window of the plane when it thrust into the air. I could still recognize the landscape of Richmond, the bridges and the road networks. The plane was taking an Eastward direction and then turned round for a North-west direction over Vancouver island and it headed for an Alaska route, then across the Pacific Ocean and then turned south-westward home to Hong Kong.

4 comments:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Nice and beautiful cabin indeed and happy to see that you two are safely home.

sswat3 said...

Good pilots and a good plane brought us home.

Joyce Li said...

It is glad to know that you both arrived home (HK) safely.

sswat3 said...

Welcome you here, Joyce. Through the window in the second half of the journey, I grasped every moment to find for land below.