Thursday, February 04, 2010

A Glimpse of a Double-decker bus

In Hong Kong double-decker buses are common. During my stay in Canada, Vancouver gave me an impression that there were no double-deckers for its buses, but Victoria was different.

When Philip’s car was running on Patricia Bay Highway (Highway 17) towards Victoria on October 14, 2009, the first glimpse of a double-decker bus at a distance made me almost yell with joy.

The buses on Vancouver Island are rather new. I guess they might have been imported from England. From my observation, the windows of these buses are sealed off (cannot be opened) so they must be air-conditioned. Obviously, the doors for passengers open on the right side of the buses as the buses are left-hand drives. I saw some of these buses running along the main streets of Victoria, but never had I the chance of boarding one of them.

1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Nice bus, the view from the upper deck must be superb.