The Canadian Government in Vancouver welcomes at last the idea of a parade organized by the Chinese at Chinatown on the first day of Lunar New Year.

Hundreds of people, performers, dragon-dancers, dancers from different clans and spectators from local Chinese and even Canadians poured into the streets. They were heading for the BC Place Stadium an hour earlier before the roads were blocked for the Winter Olympics. The parade added good atmosphere at New Year Day for the Chinese in Vancouver. They celebrated and warmed up the Olympics Games as well.


The parade passed the streets at Chinatown, one of which is Columbia Street. I believed we had walked on it before. I can recognize the large wall picture I captured a few months ago in one of its streets.


In some of the pictures here, the streets in this area were crowded with Chinese residents and some were in their traditional dresses. One of the spectators said that the whole world was now focusing on Vancouver.


1 comment:
Wow, such a big scale celebration!
Post a Comment