Wednesday, July 07, 2010

The First Semi-final in World Cup Soccer 2010

The Semi-final match between Netherlands and Uruguay yesterday was really exciting.

At 18 minutes, in the first half of the match, [5] Van Bronckhorst (雲邦賀斯) shot the ball from a far distance into the right top corner of the goal and scored the first goal to Netherlands. The Dutch spectators cheered.

At 41 minutes, Forlan (科蘭), a forward [10] of Uruguay struck a long-distant ball into the net of the Netherland’s goal. Thus the heat of the match rose.

The game 1 : 1 did not change until 70 minutes when [10] Wesley Sneijder (史尼達), another forward of Netherland scored the second goal for his country making a result of 2 : 1 . The Uruguay fans lost their smiles at that moment.

Three minutes afterwards, [11] Arjen Robben (洛賓), a famous winger, headed the ball into the net, thus turning the result to 3 : 1. The Uruguay team fought back and near the end of the match at 90’ + 2, [16] Maxi Pereira (麥斯彭利拿) successfully kicked the ball through a narrow opening into Netherlands’ goal. Unfortunately, it was too late for the Uruguay team to equalize the match to additional time or penalty goals. The final result is 3 : 2.

Netherlands is able to enter the Final against the winner of the next Semifinal, Germany or Spain. It is expected that the final match must be one between two European countries. Which team do you think will be the winner of the next Semi-final, Germany or Spain?

4 comments:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

It is the semi-final between Germany and Spain, the real 西德大戰。 I want to see Spain win, but I think Germany will win this world cup. Last time Australia was beaten by Italy, and it went on to win the world cup. This time Australia was beaten by Germany, therefore it should win the world cup...............lol!!! Nevertheless, Germany is getting better and better. I think the key factor is who can endure the opponent's strength and pace, in this Germany is younger and stronger, plus a little bit of luck (especially the decisions from the referees), who then can win.
Netherland was not playing very well yesterday. They were quite conservative for quite a long period of time. Roben was not so active to attack in the first half, and only can see him change the tactic a bit in the second half.
I would like to see Tores score today!

I am preparing to wake up at 04:30(Sydney time) tomorrow morning to watch this match...... 7/7/2010

sswat3 said...

Waking up at such an earlier hour, I have to beat my sleepy eyes. Yesterday night I won. I got up at one fifteen or so, trying to see what pre-programmes were on. What I found were games such as cheering or football kicking or drinking beer. Each of the participants of these games got 500 dollars or so.

The match between Netherlands and Uruguay was worth watching because there was a total of 5 goals.

Cable TV monopolizes the broadcast of 4 major matches in the World Cup 2010, so watching these games through High Definition TVB or ATV channel is similar to watching Cable TV.

The only difference is that we do not have to pay anything.

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Oh, so, you are a happy man this morning............SPAIN in the World Cup final !
Yes, I am happy too.
1 - 0 is a small figure but that's enough.
Both teams were playing safe from the start that in some time it seems dull. However, it was just as what it's said, "quietness before the storm". It was exactly the case. There were lots of exciting moment in front of both goals.

Now you will be asking, "who will win the final?"

sswat3 said...

I have told you a month before that I support the Spanish Soccer team for the champion. Today it goes to the Final. I believe "Spain" can win this time and "the Netherlands" has to step down.