Friday, April 29, 2011

Cultural Centre and TST Railway Clock Tower

At Tai Koo Shing, Lego exerts its power of shrinking our Cultural Centre, TST Railway Clock Tower and public pier to a size small enough to be placed on a table.

The shape of our Cultural Centre is curved, wavy and sharp at two ends, but Lego can make its model right. One interesting thing is that there are tiny lights shining on the walls of the Centre.

The trees in front of the Cultural Centre give a cooling effect to the area if they are real.

The Clock Tower of our old railway station used to be one of our landmarks at TST. It looks 90% real here.

I marvel at the minute details of the public pier – the ropes, chains, stairs, wooden planks which serve as cushions between the boats and the pier.

The human activities at the pier are interesting. Amazingly a soldier from ‘Star Wars’ is fishing. A man is taking videos with his camcorder. Workmen and a street sweeper are working. At the roof top of the corridor, a newly married couple was taking photos with their friends and relatives. Some people are doing Tai Tze (太極拳). There are also some interesting elements such as a grey dog walking alone without a master, a red crab crawling up the pier and a whale was being dragged up.

3 comments:

Hong Lit said...

I live so close but I didn't go and see these... Thanks for sharing Uncle!

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

Very interesting and meticulously done!

sswat3 said...

Lit, the last day of the Lego exhibition is May 2, so there is still time for you to pay a short visit.

I shall post up more photos of the exhibits in the following week. Watch out for them.

Believe me or not, I have taken around 300 photos during my visit.