Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Real Strawberry Ice-cream

Recently the outdoor temperature is hard for us to bear. The hottest day wears a record of 35.3 degrees Celcius. It is Global warming that upsets the Nature. We must do something to turn our Globe better!

In the past, during hot days, we bought cheaper ice-cream from Dairy Farm, Wall’s (Mountain Cream) or Apollo. These kinds of ice-cream did not contain real fruit, nuts or chips of chocolate inside. We often bought those boxes of 3 flavours (strawberry/vanilla and chocolate) because there were varieties.

Recently we bought Dreyer’s ice-cream home to get the cool feeling of ice. We seldom see Real Strawberry ice-cream on sale. This time, we bought two boxes because they were sold in dual at a cheaper price. When eating, I loved to see real strawberry bits in between the ice-cream. It was really rewarding indeed.

There are other kinds of Dreyer’s ice-ream that we have tried.

(1) Rocky Road – Brown chocolate ice-cream which resemble the mud, White marshmallows as the pebbles and Roasted almonds as hard rocks

(2) Chocolate Mint – Mint flavoured ice-cream with chocolate chips

(3) Vanilla – No comment because we have not tried it

I begin to love this brand of ice-cream because I have something to chew besides eating the ice-cream.

With the same amount of ice-cream, the cheaper kinds (Dairy Farm/ Wall’s/ Apollo) normally cost around $20, Dreyer’s $30, Haagen-Dazs $60. I prefer the Middle-class!

3 comments:

Daisy, Mommy of Hayley said...

Yes, I bought a Dreyers before when it sold at $33.00 in Park'n Shop. It was delicious and I ate alone because Dik did not like Strawberry favour.

For the Dairy Farm 3 colour ice-cream, I still enjoyed to eat as it was my "集体回憶”with my brother and sister. The most favourite was "Chocolate" and the worst "Vanilla".

Unknown said...

My old favorite Dreyers was "Vanilla and Roast Almonds", but it was 20 years ago. It was so good -- I could finish half a box (size as shown) in a single night Now I almost "quit" ice cream exccept for an occasion treat -- when I chance to pass by our local ice cream store... A little cup of Cherry (real bing cherries) ice cream is just great.

I remember the Dairy Farm 3 color (was it called Neapolitan or something?), available in a rectangular paper box. We 3 brothers used to chip in and share one box, just like miss u.

-- Felix

sswat3 said...

In the old days, eating ice-cream is a luxurious thing. As Felix says, ice-cream in rectangular shape, wrapped in hard paper, was classic enough. I remember I bought ice-cream in plastic containers.

For the Tri-colour ice-cream, I like the strawberry flavour best, next chocolate and last vanilla.

I don't know why this kind of ice-cream is called Neopolitan.

If I am a manufacturer of ice-cream, I will choose those colours on the national flag of my country to be the flavours of the ice-cream.