I always consider Windsor Restaurant to be the canteen of my family. On Chinese New Year Eve, Tony, my wife and I went to this restaurant to enjoy eating its delicious food.
Tony ordered a dish of mixed steaks which comprised of beef, pork chop, chicken wing (mid-section), ham and a thick sausage, garnished with cucumber, broccoli and potato chips.

My wife chose Salmon as main course, but a waitress returned to say that there was no salmon in the kitchen at that moment, so she changed it to sole fillet. The dish was served with rice (orange in colour) and garnished with broccoli and carrots. My wife and son both said that the rice was not good to taste. Perhaps it was due to the taste of sauce that did not suit them.

I love beef best, so I chose a dish of Angus beef steak. With the lesson I learned from the one 100% well-done (as hard as iron) in Australia last time, I ordered 80% done. I was quite satisfied with the three pieces of delicious beef steak, still juicy. Of course, I still refused eating rare-to-raw meat. My next favourite was the spaghetti, but I found that I had better eat it with the onion sauce provided.

Besides the main dishes, we had vegetable soup, creamy or chilli, small bun with butter and tea or lemon drinks.
It was a night with food satisfaction for us three.
3 comments:
oh I missed the canteen food... it used to be our "canteen"... I bet Abby will also agree with me.
Do you remember those dishes of Ox Tongues in Tomato sauce with rice you have eaten?
You know, you speak English so well because of this reason.
Happy to see you guys enjoy the food and each other's company.
Post a Comment