Thursday, January 22, 2009

Paper Wind-mills

I have seen towels which look like our 1000 dollar-notes. They look good to the eyes, but I never buy one. I believe the towels cannot last long since the faces of the dollar note come from printing which means after being washed several times, its colour will fade and the design will no longer be recognizable.

For me, I do not like the idea of stepping on a carpet which looks like a thousand dollar-note. It is much like full humiliation on our money.

Now at our New Year Fair at Victoria Park, paper wind-mills are on sale. They are posters made from thin paper with a similar design of a thousand dollar note. The back side shows the calendar of the year 2009. Each card, when folded, turns into a paper wind-mill.

The paper windmills cannot possibly turn fast because it is a little heavy and itself a poor propeller. Some people like the idea because they believe the wind-mills can bring them fortune. I myself don’t believe this. Without opportunity, one never gets rich!

1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

A lot of people like to stress the importance of money and put an equal mark between it and happiness, without realizing what should come before it.