Monday, January 19, 2009

The World’s Biggest Merino

On the morning of December 28th, 2006, I had a strange feeling when I first stepped up to the head of this World’s Biggest Merino Ram at Goulburn, a small town close to Canberra. Three storeys high, I could see what a huge ram should see at this level. From his right eye, I could see before me some simple low houses, a few trees to provide shades to pedestrians, an attractive land-rover and a horse-cart. From his left eye, I could see a beautiful big green and light blue sign advertising what attractions tourists can find in this area. Some red-roofed houses lined up neatly and vertically to the road.










This Big Merino was actually a shop selling Australian gifts, souvenirs, opals and toys. Other items were clothes, cups, glasses, vases, picture frames and household appliances. It was simply a mini- department store.

It was a good experience to be inside the “Merino” because I was like a Giant Ram standing there, studying the life of the people of Goulburn. At the same time, the Merino reminded me of the Trojan Horse (Wooden Horse) in the City of Troy. According to History, inside the horse were hidden a great number of Greek soldiers who finally beat the Trojans and burnt the City of Troy.

1 comment:

Ho Keung and Yin Ping said...

You are a man of feelings and imaginations, although always hidden until you have started your blog writing.