


The fishes sold at Steveston are usually big and heavy. They are sold for a large sum of money. If a large fish, say 10 pounds, the cost will reach C$40 if it is sold at $4 per pound. That means its cost is equivalent to around HK$300. The pay for the fish is one thing, treating the fish and cook it is another thing.

Prawns are different. Their sizes are rather small. They can be steamed at home easily. If I have a chance to be there, I would buy some home for salad or cooking or steaming.
Another choice of eating fish is here is by purchasing the fried fish with chips or fish burgers at the wharf.



Although the fried fish and chips at Steveston are not cheap, but I suppose they are tasty to some extent because there is always a long line of customers queuing before the sale window.
I remember that the wonderful fish and chips that my wife and I ate at Manly Beach, Sydney. The boss of this beach-lunch was one of my primary school classmates. I guess the fish and chips here at Steveston should be as good as those at Manly.
2 comments:
We haven't seen such "red" prawns even when in raw.
Would you mind telling us the exact date that you are leaving Hong Kong?
oh, we would love to take you and mom to the Fisherman's Wharf. We also tried the Fish n Chips before and it was quite good! ^_^
Post a Comment